Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
What is SBIRT?
The SBIRT Initiative is a 5-year national program funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) to implement screening, brief intervention, referral to treatment services for adults in primary care and community health settings for substance misuse and substance abuse disorders.
What are the funding opportunity details?
SBIRT grant applications are due on May 24, 2011 with an anticipated total funding of $10 million and estimated award amount of $1.66 million per grantee per year.
What services does FEi Systems provide?
FEi Systems can help with several components of developing your successful grant application including:
- Grant strategy development
- Providing grant writers
- Providing technical writers
- Demonstrations of the WITS SBIRT system
- Assistance developing Evaluation criteria and Logic models
Following a successful application, FEi Systems will perform the following services in support of implementing the WITS SBIRT System:
- Guiding State SBIRT staff through implementation decisions
- Configuring the WITS software to support those decisions
- WITS Software development
- Help desk for user support
- Software maintenance
- User Documentation
- Hosting and secure data backup
- FEi Systems provides you with the WITS EHR system that has built-in SBIRT functionality.
What are the benefits of using the WITS SBIRT system?
Information about the WITS system
Time to Implementation:
SAMHSA has specified that new SBIRT grantees must begin service delivery no later 4 months after the grant award. This requires that grantees begin with a system that is pre-configured to be a turn-key solution. We guarantee a successful implementation of the WITS SBIRT system within 60 days of the contract start date.
- State and Federal Reporting Requirements
- Nightly Automated Data uploads to CSAT
- Assessments & Screeners - AUDIT-C, AUDIT, DAST.
- GPRA questionnaire (intake, 6-month follow-up, discharge)
- Automated client selection for 10% follow-up compliance
- Outcomes MeasuresAdjustable screening thresholds for determining BI, BT, RT, etc…
- Burn-rate monitoring
- Executive Dashboards
- Automated Alerts based on key events
- Care Coordination and Case management tools
- User-generated Ad-hoc reporting
- Quality Assurance reporting
Data Collection and Reporting Requirements:
SAMHSA requires all grantees to collect and report performance data using the CSAT Discretionary Services Client Level GPRA tool that is built-in to WITS and automatically uploads data to CSAT (on a nightly basis). FEi Systems will provide grantees with specially designed reports that comply with SAMHSA’s reporting requirements including the following:
- Performance Measurement
- Semi-Annual Report
- Final Progress Report
- Annual and Final Financial Status reports
- Yearly Sustainability reports
- Capturing baseline data covering levels of service,patient needs, program performance characteristics
FEi is also available to provide demonstrations of the WITS SBIRT software at any time, either in person or through web-based Meetings.
For additional information please contact: